Call for participation
The CAD Contest at ICCAD is a challenging, multi-month, research and development competition, focusing on advanced, real-world problems in the field of Electronic Design Automation (EDA). It is open to multi-person teams world-wide. Each year the organizing committee announce three challenging problems in different topic areas provided by industrial companies. Contestants can participate in one or more problems. The winners will be awarded at an ICCAD special session dedicated to this contest.
Since its inaugural year of 2012, the CAD Contest at ICCAD has been attracting more than a hundred teams per year (112 teams from 12 regions in 2015, 135 teams from 11 regions in 2016, and 123 teams from 10 regions in 2017), fostering productive industry-academia collaborations, and leading to hundreds of publications in top-tier conferences and journals. The contest undoubtedly boosts EDA research and keeps enhancing its impact.
YOU ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE!!!
Problem A: Smart EC: Building Program for Name Mapping (Cadence Design Systems, Inc.)
Problem B: Obstacle-Aware On-Track Bus Routing (Synopsys Taiwan Co., Ltd., Taiwan)
Problem C: Timing-Aware Fill Insertion (Synopsys, Inc., USA)
Tentative Contest Schedule
- Contest starts!: February 5, 2018
- Registration begins: March 15, 2018
- Registration ends: May 11, 2018
- Alpha test submission: June 22, 2018
- Beta test submission: July 27, 2018
- Final submission: August 31, 2018
- Award ceremony: November 2018 (at ICCAD)
Awards for each problem
- 1st Place Award: NTD 50,000 / team (approx. US$ 1,650), Certificate / person
- 2nd Place Award: NTD 30,000 / team (approx. US$ 1,000), Certificate / person
- 3rd Place Award: NTD 30,000 / team (approx. US$ 1,000), Certificate / person
- Contest chair: Mark Po-Hung Lin (National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan)
- Contest co-chairs: Ing-Chao Lin (National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan) Shigetoshi Nakatake (The University of Kitakyushu, Japan) Ulf Schlichtmann (Technical University of Munich, Germany)
- Topic chairs: Ching-Yi Huang, Chi-An (Rocky) Wu and Chih-Jen (Jacky) Hsu (Cadence Design Systems Inc., Taiwan) About Liao, Hua-Yu Chang, Owen Chi, and Jane Wang (Synopsys Taiwan Co., Ltd., Taiwan) Bo Yang ( Synopsys, Inc., USA)