Call for participation
The 2017 CAD Contest at ICCAD is a challenging, multi-month, research and development competition, focusing on advanced, real-world problems in the field of Electronic Design Automation. The contest is open to multi-person teams world-wide. Contest-ants can participate in one or more problems in the three areas of logic synthesis, global routing, and placement legalization. For more information, including registration details, detailed problem descriptions, and contest rules, please refer to the officialcontest website: http://cad-contest-2017.el.cycu.edu.tw/CAD-contest-at-ICCAD2017/index.html
Since its inaugural year of 2012, the CAD Contest at ICCAD has been a worldwide competition, conducted with joint sponsorship from IEEE CEDA and the Ministry of Education (MOE), Taiwan. Over the years, the contest has presented challenging problems and real-world benchmarks in varied topic areas while fostering productive industry-academia collaboration. In the past four years, the contest has witnessed a progressive increase in worldwide participation: 56 teams from 7 regions in 2012, 87 teams from 9re-gions in 2013, 93 teams from 9 regions in 2014, 112 teams from 12 regions in 2015, and 135 teams from 11 regions in 2016. Each year winners are awarded at an ICCAD special session dedicated to this contest. Thus far, it has led to more than 95 publications in top-tier conferences and journals, which have undoubtedly boosted EDA research and extended the impact of the contest.
YOU ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE!!!
Problem A: Resource aware Patch Generation
Problem B: Net Open Location Finder with Obstacles
Problem C: Multi Deck Standard Cell Legalization
Tentative Contest Schedule
- Call for participation: February 01, 2017
- Official website open: February 6, 2017
- Problem description announcement: February 06, 2017
- Registration deadline: May 25, 2017 (extended)
- Alpha test submission: June 07, 2017
- Beta test submission: July 26, 2017
- Submission deadline: August 31, 2017
- Award ceremony: November 2017 (at ICCAD)
- For all inquires, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease add "ICCAD2017_Contest" to the subject line for any emails regarding the contest.
- All updates will be announced on the official contest website: http://cad-contest-2017.el.cycu.edu.tw/CAD-contest-at-ICCAD2017/index.html
- Archived website for the 2016 CAD contest at ICCAD: http://cad-contest-2016.el.cycu.edu.tw/
- Contest chair: Myung-Chul Kim (IBM Corp., USA)
- Contest co-chairs: Shih-Hsu Huang (Chung Yuan Christian University, Taiwan) Rung-Bin Lin (Yuan Ze University, Taiwan)Shigetoshi Nakatake (The University of Kitakyushu, Japan)
- Topic chairs:Ching-Yi Huang, Chi-An (Rocky) Wu and Chih-Jen (Jacky) Hsu (Cadence Design Systems Inc., Taiwan) Cindy Shen and Kai-Shun Hu (Synopsys Taiwan Co., Ltd., Taiwan)Ismail Bustany (Mentor Graphics), Nima Karimpour Darav (Microsemi Corporation) and Andrew Kennings (University of Waterloo)